How To Delete Telegram Messages For Both Side?
Delete Telegram Messages For Both Side
Telegram is a popular instant messaging app known for its privacy and security features.
While it allows users to have private conversations, there may be times when you want to delete messages for both you and the recipient.
This can be useful for maintaining your privacy or correcting accidental messages. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to delete Telegram messages for both sides.
Deleting messages on Telegram can be a bit confusing, but with the help of Telegram Adviser, it becomes a breeze.
What Will You Read?
Why Delete Telegram Messages for Both Sides?
Before we dive into the process, let’s understand why you might want to delete messages for both you and your recipient. Sometimes, we send messages in haste, make typos, or share sensitive information that we later regret. Deleting messages for both sides ensures that no trace of these messages remains, giving you peace of mind.
Before You Begin
Before you start deleting messages, there are a few important points to consider:
- Message Deletion Limitations: Telegram offers a limited window of time during which you can delete messages for both sides. You can only do this for messages that were sent within the last 48 hours.
- Message Types: You can delete text messages, photos, videos, files, and even voice messages. However, for voice messages, both the audio and transcription will be deleted.
- Device Compatibility: This process works on both mobile devices (Android and iOS) and the desktop version of Telegram.
|Read More: How To Delete Telegram Account Easily?|
Now, let’s get into the step-by-step process of deleting Telegram messages for both sides.
Step 1: Open Telegram and Access the Chat
- Launch the Telegram app on your device.
- Navigate to the chat from which you want to delete messages.
Step 2: Locate the Message(s) to Delete
- Scroll through the chat until you find the specific message or messages you want to delete.
Step 3: Long-Press on the Message
- To select a message, long-press (tap and hold) on it. You can select multiple messages at once by tapping on each of them.
Step 4: Tap on the Delete Icon
- After selecting the message(s), look for the delete icon (usually represented by a trash can or bin) at the top of the screen. Tap on it.
Step 5: Choose “Delete for Me and [Recipient’s Name]”
- A confirmation dialog will appear. Here, you will have two options: “Delete for Me” and “Delete for [Recipient’s Name].” To delete the message for both sides, select “Delete for Me and [Recipient’s Name].”
Step 6: Confirm Deletion
- A final confirmation will appear. Confirm the deletion by tapping “Delete” or “Yes.”
Step 7: Message Deleted
- Once you confirm, the selected message(s) will be deleted for both you and the recipient. You’ll see a notification indicating that the message was deleted.
Telegram offers users the ability to delete messages for both themselves and the recipient, providing a degree of control and privacy in your conversations. Whether you’re correcting a mistake or simply maintaining your privacy, knowing how to delete messages in Telegram can be a handy skill to have in your messaging toolbox.
|Read More: How To Recover Deleted Telegram Posts & Media?|