How can I know that my Telegram account is secure and hackers can’t attack it?
Hello I’m Jack Ricle from Telegram Adviser website. I wanna to talk about this issue today.
One of the most important things after create Telegram account is account security Issue.
Because you need to protect your account data and maybe you want to create Telegram channel and develop your business.
In this case you should be careful about your account. Because if someone can hack your account also he can access to your channels and groups that you have created.
Stay with us in this awesome article.
There are 8 ways to keep your Telegram account secure:
- Enable two step verification.
- Check active sessions.
- Set passcode lock.
- Ignore fake messages.
- Use strong password.
- Be careful phishing.
- Self-destruct account time.
- Disable save to gallery
1- Enable two step verification
For login to your Telegram account you should insert your phone number and then you’ll receive confirmation code and then finished.
If someone can access to this code any way, your account will be stolen.
Two step verification can protect your account, from now you must know the password in addition to confirmation code.
we suggest to enable two step verification. But how?
- Open the Telegram app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the “menu” button on the top-right corner.
- Go to “Settings” section and then to click “Privacy and Security”.
- Tap “Two-Step Verification” button.
- Create a strong password and re-enter it for confirmation.
- Create a hint for the password (it will show in public).
- Enter your email address in field and tap the “green check” icon.
- Go to your inbox, open the email, and click the “confirmation link”.
Well done! now your account has strong password. Don’t write your password somewhere, just keep in mind.
2- Check Active Sessions
Active sessions is useful option that you can check who has access to your account except for you!
It’s interesting, isn’t it?
Follow this steps to enter “Active Sessions” section:
- Go to “Settings” section and then enter “Privacy and Security”.
- Click “Active Sessions” button.
- Now you can see all devices that has access to you account.
- If you see unknown device with suspicious IP, click and then remove it.
- Now you can change your password and check active sessions a few days later.
Warning! If you tap “Terminate all other sessions” you will be log out of your account and you have to login again. So its better to remove them one by one.
3- Set Passcode Lock
Did it happen to you that someone logged into your Telegram application when your phone was unlocked?
In this case, your account information may be stolen. What’s the solution?
You should set “Passcode Lock” to protect your data. Follow the steps below:
- Go to “Settings” and enter “Privacy and Security”.
- Tap “Passcode Lock” button.
- Enter your password (4 Digit) then re-enter it for confirm.
If your phone has “Fingerprint” ability, you can enable “Unlock with Fingerprint”. This will help you to enter faster and more secure.
4- Ignore fake messages
You may have seen messages sent from Telegrams to users like this:
You account has temporary blocked, To confirm your identity click link below.
5- Use Strong Password
In today’s world, every day we see a lot of Telegram accounts being hacked by hackers.
The most important reason is neglect and poor password usage.
We suggest for creating strong password use strong password generator websites.
6- Be Careful Phishing Ways
If you received message from Telegram be careful and look at “Blue Tick” on title and also check the number.
Are you sure that it’s fake account? Then block and report it.
Telegram is so secure and hackers also used this way to obtain an account password.
7- Self-Destruct Account Time
If you want to avoid using Telegram for a long time, Notice that Telegram has “Self-Destruct” for account.
It means after specific time your account will remove if you don’t use this app.
This feature by default set to 6 months but you can change it to maximum “1 Year” and minimum for “1 Month”.
8- Disable save to gallery
The last security point is that you should disable “Save to Gallery” because it can be harmful and automatically save your personal photos such as bank card photo.
Hope this article is helpful to you, send us your comment.
This article was really informative, thanks Jack
What should I do if I forget the password I set for Telegram?
You should save it somewhere, Cause your can’t restore it if you forgot that!
Happy New Year
It was very useful, thank you
Thanks a lot
I found out that my Telegram account has been hacked, what should I do?
If you are an admin on the channel, Please remove other admins and change your channel to private for a couple of days.